Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions form part of the contract you as the client enter into when you engage PRO Writings LTD to undertake work.
Please read them through carefully, and get in touch if you have any questions.
These Terms and Conditions apply to all work provided by PRO Writings LTD.
‘We’, ‘Us’, and ‘Our’ is Pro Writings Ltd., its employees and agents.
‘You’ and ‘Your’ is the client, its employees and agents.
QUOTES AND PRICING
- We will provide a quote before undertaking any work for a client, provided we have sufficient information about the scope of the work to be completed. This will be determined between you and us at preliminary discussions, either by phone or email.
- We provide this quote based on what we deem to be the necessary time available to the project, resources needed, and other factors we determine in-house.
- Once agreed on, and work is commenced, if we believe the final price will exceed the initial quote by more than 25%, we will contact you immediately. If you change the scope of the project after accepting our quote, the final price may also change.
- Our initial quote is just that; a quote, and likely to change +/- 20%. If you require a fixed quote and we have enough details on the scope of the work to provide one, we can do so.
- All quotes and proposals are valid for 10 days from submission date.
- We reserve the right to require payment of a deposit before commencing any work.
- All charges are inclusive of any taxes payable by us.
- Payment is required in full within 14 days of the date of our invoice.
- Interest will be charged on late payments at the rate of 2% per month or part thereof.
- We shall be entitled to retain possession of the work undertaken for clients until we are paid in full for our work.
- If we engage a third-party organisation to recover your debt incurred in overdue accounts or other issues, you are responsible for paying the additional costs involved, including any legal expenses.
- You can pay via bank transfer (preferred) or PayPal by prior arrangement. PayPal payments incur a 2.5% surcharge or 3.5% for payments from overseas.
- Your personal details are required when you engage us to undertake your work. We will not share your information with anyone else without your consent. We are also happy to sign a confidentiality agreement if requested.
- If we have signed a separate confidentiality agreement or Non-Disclosure Agreement with you, that agreement takes precedence.
- We reserve the right to refer to your project and business name, and to use your logo, for our own promotional use unless we have signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement precluding this.
- We may approach you for a testimonial after we have completed your work, although provision of testimonials is not obligatory.
- We endeavour to deliver all work by a mutually agreed deadline. However, circumstances beyond our control may prevent us from getting work to you on time, including but not limited to:
i. Medical emergencies
ii. Major illnesses
iii. Family emergencies
- If we are unable to continue/complete work because we have not received requested information from you, we will continue the work at our next opportunity. This may affect your preferred deadline.
- We will request you supply us with the contact details of one primary contact, to be available throughout our work on your project.
- If we receive no communication from you for 30 days, the project will be deemed closed and any final amount owing will be billed to you.
- If you have any concerns, please raise them as soon as possible with us directly. We will address them promptly. If the issue cannot be resolved to your satisfaction, we will refund your money.
- All proofreading/editing work is returned to you for the final say. Any amendments required after this may be subject to a further quote.
- All typing/writing work is submitted to you as a draft, subject to amendments by you. One round of amendments is included in the initial quote. On your acceptance of the final draft, no other amendments will be made and final payment will be due. Any further work after this will require a further price negotiation between you and us.
LIABILITY AND RISK
- To the extent permitted by the laws of New Zealand, we accept no liability on any grounds for consequential damages or losses arising from any cause, including omission or negligence.
- We are not responsible for the delay in or failure to produce work, if it is caused by matters beyond reasonable control including, but not limited to:
i. Acts of Nature
- All or any details provided by you are assumed to be legal and accurate. We are not responsible for the content or legality of details provided to us by you, including, but not limited to:
- All due care will be taken by us to ensure accuracy and effectiveness of work; however, the final responsibility rests with you. We provide our services to the best of our ability and in good faith; however, we cannot guarantee absolute perfection, and we are not responsible for errors in our work. Please check all documents carefully when you receive our final work.
- All work is governed by the laws of New Zealand, and the Courts of New Zealand shall have the sole and exclusive jurisdiction to hear and determine all disputes in connection with claims arising from work produced by us.
The client acknowledges that before engaging Pro Writings to undertake work, they have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions.