These Terms and Conditions form part of the contract you as the client enter into when you engage Sarah White at Pro Writings to undertake work.
Please read them through carefully, and get in touch if you have any questions.
These Terms and Conditions apply to all work provided by Sarah and Pro Writings.
‘I’, ‘Me’, and ‘My’ is Sarah White, Pro Writings, and agents.
‘You’ and ‘Your’ is the client, its employees and agents.
QUOTES AND PRICING
- Where I have a set project price, I will display this on my website for transparency and convenience. That is the price you will be charged.
- I will provide one to three quotes before undertaking any package work, provided I have sufficient information about the scope of the work to be completed. This will be determined between me and you during preliminary discussions, either by phone or email.
- If you change the scope of the project after accepting a quote, the final price may also change.
- All quotes and proposals are valid for 10 days from submission date.
- I reserve the right to require payment of a deposit before commencing any work. This will be set out in individual proposals on a case-by-case basis.
- All prices are in New Zealand dollars, exclusive of GST taxes, but will include any fees payable (i.e. PayPal).
- Payment is required in full within 14 days of the date of the invoice.
- Interest will be charged on late payments at the rate of 2% per month or part thereof.
- I am entitled to retain possession of the work undertaken for clients until I’m paid in full for the work.
- If I have to engage a third-party organisation to recover your debt incurred in overdue accounts or other issues, you are responsible for paying the additional costs involved, including any legal expenses, sorry!
- You can pay via bank transfer (preferred) or PayPal by prior arrangement.
- Your personal details are required when you engage me to undertake your work. I will not share your information with anyone else without your consent. I’m also happy to sign a confidentiality agreement if requested (conditions apply).
- If I have signed a separate confidentiality agreement or Non-Disclosure Agreement with you, that agreement takes precedence.
- I reserve the right to refer to your project and business name, and to use your logo, for my own promotional and marketing purposes. I will ask you first for your written permission.
- I may approach you for a testimonial after the project is completed, although provision of testimonials is not obligatory.
- I always endeavour to deliver all work by a mutually agreed deadline. However, circumstances beyond my control may prevent me from getting work to you on time, including but not limited to:
i. Medical emergencies
ii. Major illnesses
iii. Family emergencies
- If I’m unable to continue/complete work because I have not received requested information from you, I will continue the work at my next opportunity. This may affect your preferred deadline.
- I will request you supply me with the contact details of one primary contact, to be available throughout work on your project.
- If I receive no communication from you for 30 days, the project will be deemed closed and any final amount owing will be billed to you.
- If you have any concerns, please raise them as soon as possible with me directly. I will address them promptly. If the issue cannot be resolved to your satisfaction, I will refund any money paid to date.
- All payment/timescale requirements are subject to individual conditions. However, on your acceptance of the final draft, no other amendments will be made and final payment will be due, if outstanding. Any further work after this will require a further price negotiation between you and me.
Now, the boring stuff…
LIABILITY AND RISK
- To the extent permitted by the laws of New Zealand, I accept no liability on any grounds for consequential damages or losses arising from any cause, including omission or negligence.
- I am not responsible for the delay in or failure to produce work, if it is caused by matters beyond reasonable control including, but not limited to:
i. Acts of Nature
- All or any details provided by you are assumed to be legal and accurate. I am not responsible for the content or legality of details provided by you, including, but not limited to:
- All due care will be taken to ensure accuracy and effectiveness of work; however, the final responsibility rests with you. I provide my services to the absolute best of my ability and in good faith; however, I can’t guarantee absolute perfection, and I can’t be held accountable for errors in my work. Although, I will be mortified if it does contain any and may reassess my life choices whilst mindlessly devouring a family-sized bar of Whittaker’s chocolate. Please check all documents carefully when you receive my final work, if only for my sanity.
- All work is governed by the laws of New Zealand, and the Courts of New Zealand shall have the sole and exclusive jurisdiction to hear and determine all disputes in connection with claims arising from work produced by me.
The client acknowledges that before engaging Sarah White at Pro Writings to undertake work, they have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions.