‘I’, ‘Me’, and ‘My’ is Sarah White, Pro Writings, and agents.
‘You’ and ‘Your’ is the client, its employees and agents.
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
- Why do I collect PII? I collect and store certain data for a number of reasons:
- To respond to queries for information (e.g. A quote or my availability)
- To enable me to contact you during an ongoing project if needed
- To allow you to register for a special offer
- To enable you to subscribe to my blog
- To enable you to download a free resource/eBook
- To enable me to follow up with you after initial correspondence/project
- For accounting purposes (e.g. to send invoices)
- To market to my mailing list
- To record your agreement to the Terms and Conditions as stated on my website
- When do I collect PII? I will gather data from you:
- When you initially contact me via my email addresses
- When you fill out the contact form on my website
- When you book in with me for a project
- When you subscribe to my blog
- When you download a free resource/eBook
- What PII do I collect? I will gather and store certain personal information from you, which may include:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- Your mailing address (e.g. for invoicing purposes)
- Any information you choose to provide (e.g. details regarding your project or other details to help with your experience)
- Any files you choose to share with me
- How do I protect your PII? My website is scanned by a security system on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities, in order to make your visit as safe as possible.
Your PII is contained behind secure networks and only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential. Any sensitive/credit information you provide is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. I have taken significant steps to protect the security of information on our computers and mobile devices.
I will never lease, distribute, or sell your information to third parties, nor use PII for marketing or promotion purposes, without getting your permission in writing first, unless I am required to do so by law.
- If you would like to unsubscribe from any future emails from me, you can find instructions to do so at the bottom of every email. I’ll promptly remove you from ANY further correspondence.
- Because I work with many clients more than once, I don’t delete personal data unless you ask me to. This allows me to provide you with the best possible service. If you would like your personal information deleted or amended, I will do so with your permission straight away.
- You can choose to turn off all browser cookies through your browser settings. If all cookies are turned off, some of the features that make your website experience more efficient may not function fully.
- I, along with third-party vendors Google, use a first-party cookie; the Google Analytics cookie, to compile data regarding website users’ interaction related to my website.
- You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser add on.
- I honour Do Not Track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
- I do not allow third-party behavioural tracking.
- I do not record or hold copies of credit card details. Payment is securely processed via your nominated bank account to my nominated bank account. Alternatively, you can choose to process payment via PayPal, which uses superior SSL technology to keep your information safe.
- According to IRD laws, financial data must be kept on record for at least seven (7) years; therefore, I do not delete or amend data on invoices and financial accounts for a minimum of this period.
- Occasionally, at my discretion, I may include or offer third-party products or services on my website, or as part of a proposal. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. I therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
- I suggest taking care when submitting data to other websites and to read data protection and privacy policies fully. I seek to protect the integrity of my website and welcome feedback about any linked sites.
021 237 4553